Happy Place. Reality. Banished.

My friend told me once that everyone has a happy place. A place where someone can breathe easily and forget all the worries in life. I believed her and I still do. Happy place. For a long time now I’ve been looking for my own happy place and after a long while, I think I found it. Everytime I feel Muffin’s presence, that very same place becomes my happy place. I feel like everything is possible and all crap will soon vanish into thin air. I feel like a child who found his relief in the comfort of his own home. I feel things, no matter how screwed up, will eventually fall into their rightful places. That is my happy place, a spot where I feel her presence no matter how far she really is.
Happy place. It’s the only place where I would want to be right now but reality banised me. How funny it is to realize that the one thing that makes you happy is the very same thing that smothers you? I just can’t imagine how hilarious it can be. It’s a joke. A joke put on me no matter how reluctant I was. This is fate’s joke if fate even exists in the first place. Reality doesn’t bite. It devours, tears you into pieces until you’re too broken to be put back together. Reality banished me from my happy place and one day, maybe, just maybe, I’ll get even.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summary

Pagiging Single Mom

Walked Out