Lian

Lian, it’s been a while, how have you been? You know what, last night I saw you guys in my dream. I was happy then ‘cause somehow I got to be with you once more You and some of the friends we use to have before In my dream, we were there basically laughing our wits out I watched you from near wanting to breathe my heart out Good old days are indeed good, aren’t they? I can’t believe it’s been years. It felt just like yesterday. It sounds stupid but sometimes I yearn to hide behind those memories Blind my eyes from the present and be oblivious of these miseries But bygones will be bygones. Friends come and go Well sometimes, they’re gone even before we know You know what I’m saying, it already happened before I moved on unaware that there will be a stupid encore Damn, how can someone say she’s a friend then just leave you? During the most critical times just turn back on you? Why is it that the people we love are the ones who often leave us with empty hands? Why can’t they stand by their words and promises? Today they’re your friend, next day they’re gone without traces. Is true friendship really too good to be true? Is the fault on me or on those morons whom I gave my trust to? I guess I’ll never know the same way that I’ll never learn But honestly I’m sick of playing the part of the one who, in the end, crashes and burn I wish to rewind time and once again be with you guys If [CrYo][OnC]*’s are here they’ll sure wipe these tears in my eyes Well of course, some wishes come true but most wishes don’t I can pray for you to be here but I’m sure you won’t I guess what’s left is to get by with poetry and wishful thinking Ease each broken moment with this childish act of reminiscing Got more to say but some things are better off unsaid Like some thoughts I still have inside this rotten head But let me end this verse with a simple greeting You thought I forgot but actually, it’s the purpose of this writing Happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you Till next time. Your long lost [CrYo] friend, David Andrew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summary

Pagiging Single Mom

Walked Out