You're Silver, Happy Birthday Ching

this is a poem I wrote for my friend, Sharline...

You were a stranger in my eyes long before
but after these years I hope you're not anymore
I'd love to think you're a friend who walked into my door
although you still make my heart jump off the floor

It's amazing how time flies so swiftly
and look how you've grown up so fair and lovely
But with those wonderful eyes, I don't know what you really see
I hope it's the brighter side 'cause I think you're feeling down lately

Let me make a wish, it's your day anyway
and it would be for your sadness to just pop away
You should know, your smile lightens up other people's day
so I'm sure The Big Guy will make things go your way

Be happy because you deserve nothing less
You have that passion for life that'll make you see though the mess
The dice will keep on rolling through the tests
but your beautiful heart will make you stand at your best

I'm sure of these things that I'm saying
just pardon the rhymes if these aren't so interesting
and for the closing, let me just say one more thing
HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY my dear Sharline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summary

Pagiging Single Mom

Walked Out